Question about the rain

General Palm Springs area.

Question about the rain

Postby ximphony » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:00 pm

I'm still planning on doing the full C2C tomorrow, but had a couple questions for people that know the mountain well about the rain in the forecast:

- If there is a 30-50% of t-storms in Palm Springs, does that typically mean that there is a much higher chance of rain on the mountain itself?

- Is the rain around there typically accompanied by lightning? What are the chances I might have to turn around due to weather before reaching the summit? How about before reaching the upper tram stop?
ximphony

Postby THETRACK » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:07 pm

..I kind of posted the same question this AM...we are scheduled for a 200am departure from Ramone Drive.....I have done this many many times...but never really faced any bad weather on the hike to the Tram.....Cy responded back that usually the trail does not get much in the precipiatation totals.....only on the second half as you attempt the Summit. I have been monitoring the weather this AM, were a go also...leaving LA at midnight and going straight to Portal. I would think that once you reach half way or so; the decision would be made to turn back......any further and one has already committed themselves.......maybe we see you on the trail..i will be with a group of 3 or 5, leaving around 2 or 215am........lets hope we have a dry time !!!!!...see you soon.Lyle
THETRACK

see you up there

Postby ximphony » Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:57 pm

cool- hopefully i'll see you guys up there!
ximphony

Return to Mt. San Jacinto & Santa Rosa Mountains