Skyline Race?

General Palm Springs area.

Skyline Race?

Postby Perry » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:29 pm

I've heard the rumor from two different people, but no names or info. Does anybody know about this? If it's an actual race with sponsors, entry fee, awards, etc. then they will get fined by BLM and the State Park if they don't have the proper permits for an event. If it's just an informal hard workout, then I would like to participate... :D
Perry
Site Admin

Postby zippetydude » Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:56 pm

I hadn't heard the rumor, but it sounds like fun. Everyone I meet on Skyline is friendly - it would be cool to have an actual starting time where everyone was in one location at the same time so we could share stories, etc.

Even if there is no such race, I hope to see some of you at the Tram Road Challenge next weekend. I'll be doing Skyline the day before, so I'll officially be "Back of the Pack dude" for the Tram Road Challenge, but hey, two days of fun is better than one.

z
zippetydude

Postby marmot » Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:50 pm

wow, the skyline is getting pretty popular then, which in a way is sad, probably five years ago, most hikers, even the hard- core ones in socal didnt know about the skyline, its going to be the next pikes peak in the near future.
marmot

Return to Mt. San Jacinto & Santa Rosa Mountains