Bighorn Sheep of the Anza Borrego

General Palm Springs area.

Bighorn Sheep of the Anza Borrego

Postby Cy Kaicener » Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:17 pm

Here are some close ups of Bighorns and the story that goes with it.
http://www.desertusa.com/magjan98/abbig ... horn1.html
. Please visit my website at www.hiking4health.com for more information especially the Links.
http://cys-hiking-adventures.blogspot.com
Cy Kaicener

Bighorn and lions

Postby AsABat » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:27 pm

Awesome animals. Five rams scared a group of us hiking in Mission Creek canyon a few years ago. We were hiking the PCT when we heard what sounded like thunder, only realizing what it was as they ran past us full speed in the wash. I've also found the remains of two sheep, at least one a lion kill, and the other the skeleton of a small lamb.
AsABat

Postby RV » Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:03 am

I always love seeing these animals and immediately become envious of how easily they go up and down the slopes. I saw two of them this past Saturday just above the mine on the trail between Ice House Saddle and Cucamonga Saddle. One of them was actually a bit clumsy as he had kicked some rocks loose and when I looked up to be sure that the rocks weren't heading for me I saw the sheep. They really are awesome!

RV
RV

Postby marmot » Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:54 pm

i've seen quite a few bighorn sheep on my trips into the san gabriels. Mostly around the lupine/guffy/pine mountain area. Almost every time that i go into these areas, i seem to spot bighorn sheep, by the many. Every time ive been on pine mountain ridge, ive seen families of them, they like to hang out there. I havent seen any in the san jacintos, but when i was there, i saw a great number of deer. never had spotted a bear in socal however.
marmot

Postby RV » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:30 am

I've seen two bears so far. One was just off the Southfork Trail in the San Bernardinos and one was just below Mt. Wilson in the San Gabriels. It's an awesome experience.

Hike safe,

RV
RV

Return to Mt. San Jacinto & Santa Rosa Mountains