recent c2c trail conditions

General Palm Springs area.

Postby JimBones » Mon May 05, 2008 11:19 am

pdforeme, The 0200 start time works well because I get back home (San Diego County) by 1500. You're right about the temp though, It was never close to being hot last week. Actually it was really cold at sunrise when the wind kicked up for awhile. I have to say though, that I really enjoy that hike in the dark. Sometimes I leave at midnight during the hotter parts of the year. Also I'm slow right now. 9 hrs-used to do it in 7.
JimBones
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:08 am
Location: Poway CA

Postby pdforeme » Mon May 05, 2008 1:12 pm

thanks jimbones.....going w/ slower buddy in 2 wks. Appreciate insight into this..... "what sort of shape are you in to do it in 9 hrs" (we're both 50, i do a steep 2,000 ftr every 3 days, we does little. Both of us experienced but w/ big diff in conditioning of late
Desert Rat since 1957
User avatar
pdforeme
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:33 pm
Location: Wash state

A note about water in winter

Postby Norris » Thu May 08, 2008 8:47 pm

Kind of a stale thread, but given the discussion about water on the trail in winter, I just wanted to mention that EVERY time I have been through Round Valley in winter or spring, there has been running water in Round Valley, coming right out of a pipe! So there are no water worries. You can fill up there on the way up, and again on the way down. I have also never treated this water, and never had a problem. Might be some uranium in it though :-)
Norris
 
Posts: 306
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:12 am
Location: Del Mar

Previous

Return to Mt. San Jacinto & Santa Rosa Mountains

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests