This weekend hiking

General Palm Springs area.

Postby zippetydude » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:04 pm

Tina: Just in case I haven't mentioned this before, I hate snakes. Keep your eyes glued to the trail every second - this is rattler prime time. A couple of years ago, I looked up for a moment to find a water cache, and heard a hissing sound...just missed stepping on the evil creature of death!

Let me put it this way, if you get bit, your girlfriend Cat is gonna be pissed!

Need I say more?

Have a fun fourth, girl, from me and my family. We're trying to find a way to legally adopt you. You in?

z
User avatar
zippetydude
 
Posts: 2751
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 5:40 am

This weekend hiking

Postby Cy Kaicener » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:19 am

Hi Tina - I hope you had comfortable weather on your trip.
The Sierra Club who have scheduled Cactus to Clouds on Friday at 11.30pm into Saturday (July 11) may take the tram up if night time lows remain above 80 degrees. The alternate hike would be San Jacinto, Folly peak, Drury Pk, Cornell, Jean, and Marion. That sounds like a better plan.
. Please visit my website at www.hiking4health.com for more information especially the Links.
http://cys-hiking-adventures.blogspot.com
User avatar
Cy Kaicener
 
Posts: 2236
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 3:50 am
Location: Rialto, California, USA

Postby tinaballina » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:59 am

[quote="zippetydude"]Tina: Just in case I haven't mentioned this before, I hate snakes. Keep your eyes glued to the trail every second - this is rattler prime time. A couple of years ago, I looked up for a moment to find a water cache, and heard a hissing sound...just missed stepping on the evil creature of death!

Let me put it this way, if you get bit, your girlfriend Cat is gonna be pissed!

Need I say more?

Have a fun fourth, girl, from me and my family. We're trying to find a way to legally adopt you. You in?

LOL, reading this just made my morning. I will work up the paperwork for the adoption papers.
:)
User avatar
tinaballina
 
Posts: 1107
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:21 am
Location: Riverside

This week end hiking

Postby Cy Kaicener » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:33 am

The cactus to clouds trip for this Saturday has been cancelled because of the heat. They are taking the first tram up for some peak bagging.
. Please visit my website at www.hiking4health.com for more information especially the Links.
http://cys-hiking-adventures.blogspot.com
User avatar
Cy Kaicener
 
Posts: 2236
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 3:50 am
Location: Rialto, California, USA

Postby tinaballina » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:11 pm

hi Cy, miss you...

this saturday will be my last ascent up skyline for the summer. i will miss it for the next couple of months. BUT it excites me to know when i return i will organize a group to do skyline + skyline...back to back in a day in october.
User avatar
tinaballina
 
Posts: 1107
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:21 am
Location: Riverside

Postby Hikin_Jim » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:20 pm

tinaballina wrote:hi Cy, miss you...

this saturday will be my last ascent up skyline for the summer. i will miss it for the next couple of months. BUT it excites me to know when i return i will organize a group to do skyline + skyline...back to back in a day in october.
"...skyline + skyline -- back to back in a day..." :shock:

I'll bring my CPR card -- and watch from a safe distance. Fall over and thrash about on the ground if you need me for anything.
Last edited by Hikin_Jim on Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Backpacking stove reviews and information:  Adventures In Stoving
Personal hiking blog: Hikin' Jim's Blog
User avatar
Hikin_Jim
 
Posts: 4958
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:12 pm
Location: Orange County, CA

Postby bluerail » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:31 pm

tinaballina wrote:hi Cy, miss you...

this saturday will be my last ascent up skyline for the summer. i will miss it for the next couple of months. BUT it excites me to know when i return i will organize a group to do skyline + skyline...back to back in a day in october.


....pansy
User avatar
bluerail
 
Posts: 2108
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:30 am
Location: La Quinta

Postby magikwalt » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:57 am

This Saturday weather 83º/112º. Excuss me if I pass on having that much fun.
User avatar
magikwalt
 
Posts: 766
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:18 pm
Location: Palm Springs

Postby bluerail » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:23 am

hot down here nice up there on the mountain
User avatar
bluerail
 
Posts: 2108
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:30 am
Location: La Quinta

Postby bluerail » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:20 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Turned out to be a good c2c day yesterday 7 / 11, cloud cover kept any sun off Tina, Michael and I until about flatrock and there was such a nice breeze I was never really hot. The colors were so nice all morning because of the clouds and it was one of the nicest sunrises I remember on the trail. Despite how nice a morning it was, we saw no one else on skyline. Went through about 5 liters of fluids on the whole c2c including some rat water at RV. I asked a ranger if there were any rats in the tank and he said "not last week". hmmmmm, that water is always gonna taste a little weird to me now.

Anyway, the weather turned out to be really very nice, but I live in the desert full time, and nice weather is from a point of weird perspective after a while.

Always good to see you Doreen and nice getting to come down through the woods with you Jack, thanks for the route,and the site seeing tour, much appreciated.

After eating and having a couple of beers I had to burn up another four hours waiting on my ride to show up. after goofing around up there on the mountain, I planted myself on the tree stump along the trail between the Ranger Station and sidewalk, and finally two girls came walking by, dirty and sweaty, but with big smiles and laughter, having a good time.

I got a ride home with one of them.
Last edited by bluerail on Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
bluerail
 
Posts: 2108
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:30 am
Location: La Quinta

PreviousNext

Return to Mt. San Jacinto & Santa Rosa Mountains

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 9 guests