March 17 - Skyline Trail and beyond?

General Palm Springs area.

Mt. San Jacinto - CtoC Trail

Postby muttdog » Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:57 am

To Kathy (and anyone else interested)

So far my business trip to San Diego is still a go. My plan would be to try the CtoC trail hike on 31 March. If conditions change or if I am not feeling 100 % then I would still hope to try the Deer Springs Trail. I'll stay in touch with you through email and plan a time and place to meet. Sounds like the museum location is the typical meeting place for the CtoC trail. I'll either stay someplace the night before close to San Jacinto or drive in early from San Diego.

Mark
muttdog

Postby zippetydude » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:13 pm

Hi all. It was a pleasure meeting (or almost meeting) each of you in person out on the trail.

I didn't know Doreen was C2C elite, and I actually asked Sid and Doreen if they'd done the trail before. With ultimate modesty, they merely smiled and said yes.

Walt and Chuck: glad to hear it was a successful trip for you guys. Chuck - congrats on your first time up!

Cy: I think I passed you guys at about the 3 - 4 mile mark - I heard voices, but didn't see you guys. I took the steep route where the trail splits there, so I believe you guys had gone the longer route.

Kathy: I keep just missing you on the trail. Just like last week. Nice job on your long day - sounds like it was just too icy to be fun going all the way up, so you probably balanced it just right.

I may go next Saturday, but then I'll be out of town for the next couple of weeks. Who knows, maybe we'll get a bunch of snow in April.....

z
zippetydude

Previous

Return to Mt. San Jacinto & Santa Rosa Mountains