Where did everyone go?

General Palm Springs area.

Where did everyone go?

Postby hiiker » Wed Sep 09, 2026 10:28 pm

This board used to have lots of traffic. Did all those that used to post here move somewhere else, perhaps social media? I loved reading the trip reports especially the Cactus to the Clouds reports during the cooler months.

I took the tram up a couple weeks back and hiked to Wellman Divide and ran into lots of nice people a long the way and wondered if any were former posters on the board. My goal is to every Aug. take the tram up and hike somewhere in Mt San Jacinto State Park. Some years I do more than one hike.
hiiker
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:52 pm
Location: SoCal

Re: Where did everyone go?

Postby guest » Tue Sep 15, 2026 6:50 am

Hello Hiiker, I'm sure others have been wondering the same, this board used to have lots of activity. Many, including myself, have moved, but not too far. I miss taking the tram up, especially in summer, (I used to hike to the peak most Saturdays for a great workout in cooler weather, (just needed to watch out during the summer monsoon season.
Hopefully things will pick up here no that the heat is beginning to gradually cool, cheers, ss
guest
 
Posts: 811
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:27 pm


Return to Mt. San Jacinto & Santa Rosa Mountains

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests