places to park for longer term - San Jacinto

General Palm Springs area.

places to park for longer term - San Jacinto

Postby chrysalis » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:53 am

Hello.

I've been to San Jacinto a few times so I'm familiar with the area, and I've camped for a night or two as well....but I was wondering, if I wanted to spend say 2 weeks in the park (Summer/early fall), where is the best place to park?

I've taken the tramway before, but is it possible to park overnight there for that long? Is it still just $10?

https://pstramway.com/parking-information/

or how about just parking at Idylwild or Humper Parking lots?

Anybody ever do this or have thoughts about it?
chrysalis

Re: places to park for longer term - San Jacinto

Postby guest » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:45 pm

Hi chrysalis,

Not sure about the rules of the tram, (doesn't state on their site that I could find re. overnight). They obviously do allow overnight parking, as many camp in the state park, just not sure if they have a limit.

The Idyllwild county park isn't too far, (via the Nature Center area) to Deer Springs, but it's like $30 / night for a spot. They do allow up to 14 days.
Not sure it may be wise to leave a car at Humber park for more than a day or two, don't think there's any good areas around the beginning of South Ridge either.

Someone on here probably has info about some of the camping areas like Marion or Black Mt. CG.

Sounds like a great way to spend time in the cool, alpine air exploring, hopefully we'll get a good snow this winter. scott

Re: places to park for longer term - San Jacinto

Postby chrysalis » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:58 am

Thanks for the reply.

Going to give the ranger station a call as well as the PS tram.

https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/sbnf/pas ... ev7_007800
chrysalis

Return to Mt. San Jacinto & Santa Rosa Mountains